Harvard and Yale Heavyweight Rowers are making a difference for kids with brain cancer this season, starting with a fundraiser at the Head of the Charles Regatta to benefit the Robert Connor Dawes (RCD) Foundation.
This season, Harvard and Yale Heavyweight men's rowers are putting even more than muscle into the Head of the Charles Regatta: they are putting their hearts into it to benefit kids with brain cancer. With typical Harvard and Yale pride and character, these young men are pursuing excellence not only in the classroom and on the water, but also through their generous spirit. Their efforts will benefit the RCD Foundation, supporting pediatric brain cancer research, care, and development projects.
Raised so far
- Violetta & Paul Muccitelli just donated $107.81
- Jackie just donated $333.02
- Angela just donated $789.27
- Garrett Law just donated $164.62
- Laura and Ted Patton just donated $316.76
- Laura and Ted Patton just donated $318.34
- Ian Cugley just donated $167.09
- Anne just donated $100.25
- Harry just donated $33.42
- Katherine and Richard just donated $167.09
- Ben just donated $30.08
- Danielle just donated $250.63
- Carolyn just donated $164.71
- Jackie just donated $31.68
- Liz just donated $158.38
- Erik just donated $8.31
- Emmett just donated $167.11
- Syvert just donated $50.09
- Quill Family just donated $250.63
- Max Peel just donated $33.46
Funds raised will stay in the US, going towards high impact research projects.
FIND A FUNDRAISER
"Marty and I rowed together in my final year of 2018. I was lucky enough to get an opportunity with Yale University post graduation, continuing my rowing at college in the US. Completing the first Connor's Run, as a Brighton Grammar School student, I have long admired the work done by Liz and have enjoyed establishing a relation between Yale and RCD foundation through Connor's Erg. As a senior, this is my final year to get Yale as involved as possible in raising funds and awareness in the fight against paediatric brain cancer. Combining forces with Harvard and Marty, I hope we can go big at the Head of the Charles in Boston!”
"I began rowing in Year 9 and was fortunate enough to row in the Brighton Grammar School (BGS) First VII in 2018 (with Nick) and 2019. During this time, I was also a huge supporter of the RCD foundation and supported Liz and the team in organizing events for BGS and the BGS broader community. Graduating in 2019, I followed a path laid before me by Nick in pursuing a college rowing dream and received acceptance into Harvard. This will be the third year running, Harvard will support and fundraise for the RCD foundation at the Head of The Charles Regatta"